Jeff, Manager of Manufacturing Operations at Thermo Fisher in Cincinnati
This is how the packaging department of Thermo Fisher in Cincinnati, Ohio uses standard operating procedures to improve quality performance.
Battling inspection failures.
Line clearance and inspection failures were some of the main quality issues the packaging team experienced in the past.
Goal with SwipeGuide:
- Get a standard process throughout the department.
- Align all four shifts to make things more cohesive between the different groups and supervisors.
- Train operators and keep the line running.
"Professionalism throughout has been world-class."
Driving quality performance.
After successfully implementing SwipeGuide at the department at Thermo Fisher in Cincinnati, the team has a standard process in place to align the shifts and train operators, but they've also achieved a lot of other impressive stuff.
- Downtime reduction with quality checks at capper machines and bottling machines.
- Quality performance
improvement and waste reduction with clear standards.
- Lines running smoother since operators can easily access the proper way to perform tasks.
- Adjust the process flow to ensure that it's being performed properly.
faster task execution
"Our main goal was to get a standard process throughout the department on all four shifts. We wanted to make things more cohesive no matter what shift it is on to increase our quality performance."
Shandon Gilbert, Packaging Readiness Supervisor
"SwipeGuide has excessively helped with reducing downtime and we have seen our quality performance improve due to some of the guides we have created"
Jyoti Sapkota, Process Improvement Engineer
"Having the quality checks in SwipeGuide helps the line keep running. The operators can go ahead and see how exactly the proper way to do those."
Lisa Crawford, Group Leader of the Packaging Department